276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee 454g Beans

£9.9£99Clearance
ZTS2023's avatar
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023
82
63

About this deal

We typically advise against buying a blend of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee beans, as they are unregulated, overpriced, and can contain less than 10% real Blue Mountain coffee. But this coffee from Volcanica is the rare exception. It’s approved by the Jamaica Agricultural Commodities Regulatory Authority. And, to be perfectly honest, our tasters loved it! This means one harvest every year, half as much as the most common plantations, which have ripening times twice as fast as those of the Blue Mountains. For this reason, the harvested beans go through a very different growth process and are much larger than the other varieties. Pictured: Discover delightful aromas. Sandals Resorts exclusively serves the world’s most sought-after specialty coffee grown in Jamaica's misty Blue Mountain range. The local soil favours the growth of a unique variety of Arabica which, thanks also to its atypical location and particular taste, feeds the fame of the Blue Mountain coffee beans. Getting your hands on a bag of Jamaican coffee beans is not easy: on the one hand Blue Mountain coffee is well known for its price, on the other we have Japan that annually absorbs 80% of exports of an already limited coffee production.

Blue Mountain coffee is grown in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica, which sit at 7500 ft above sea level between Kingston and Port Antonio. This is the highest mountain range in the Caribbean. The high elevation and warm and humid climate are perfect for cultivating Arabica beans. What makes a Jamaican coffee a true Blue Mountain Coffee?Volcanica has built a reputation as a great roaster of gourmet Arabica beans, so it’s not much of a surprise to see them top this list. This will be a soft cup with a sweet and orangey, buttery feel. Once you’ve swallowed, the chocolate and orange will linger, but in a good way.

Another very good reason for the high price is the comprehensive quality control, with such a pristine reputation, you can imagine the farmers want to keep the quality at its very highest. Some countries sort coffee beans with a machine, but Jamaica still do it all by hand which adds more wages to be paid. It’s not just the farmers either, the CIB (Coffee Industry Board) are very protective over what gets called Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee, the board even do blind taste tests before allowing any to be named and exported. Supply is limited primarily by geographic area. These beans come from a small island and need to come from one of just a few different locations on the island to be certified. On top of that, they are time-consuming to grow, taking about twice as long as typical coffee ( 3). Roughly 80% of the crop is exported to Japan, leaving only 20% for the rest of the world. This depends on your chosen brewing method. We recommend for cafetières you use 7g per 120-150ml of water and for filter machines, you use 30g per 500ml water. How do I brew Jamaican coffee?Although the Blue Mountains rise to 7,500 feet, the beans need to be planted at approximately 5,900 feet to be considered a coffee of the origin. The elevation requirements also narrow the land available for planting. Currently, coffee is grown only in St. Andrew, St. Mary, St. Thomas, and the Parishes of Portland. It’s the best coffee in the world. It will be priced accordingly. Another force driving up the cost of Blue Mountain Coffee beans is that Japan receives more than 80%. They are also a main ingredient in the popular Tia Maria Coffee Liqueur. The delectable flavours and smooth tasting aroma's that evoke from another batch of our premium blue mountain blend truly are something needed to be taste by any coffee drinker. Smooth and consistent flavours that exert from this medium roast bold bean coffee allow a smooth tasting cup from start to finish. Coffee beans are grown in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica between Kingston and Port Antonio. The highest in the Caribbean, the peaks reach 7,500 feet in elevation. Farmers in this region grow their crops on the steep slopes and hillsides of the mountain.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment